Open a Company in USA as a Foreigner
Updated on Monday 14th November 2022
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
Setting up a company in USA as a foreigner is a relatively simple process, which can be explained and supervised by our company formation agents in USA. The preparation of Articles of Association is done immediately after the name reservation and the presentation of a business plan. Below is some essential information about US company formation for non-residents. We are here to provide support for US company formation for a non-resident with a bank account.
How can I open a company in the USA as a foreigner?
LLC or limited liability company is the structure most used by local and foreign investors interested in opening a business in the USA. The formalities are quite simple, and below we review some of them:
- Setting up a company in USA as a foreigner starts with checking and reserving the business name. It must be original and include LLC, L.L.C., or Limited Company.
- It is necessary to register an agent domiciled in the state where the firm will be established. One of our company formation agents in USA can help you in this sense.
- The Articles of Association is the set of constitutive documents of the company. They must mention the names of the shareholders, the company's activities, business address, etc.
- Next is the opening of a bank account. We can help you open a bank account for your company in USA. We can tell you more about US company formation for a non-resident with a bank account.
- The next step is to obtain the EIN. Employer Identification Number is the code by which the company is identified as a VAT payer.
- Depending on the activities, it will apply for business licenses and permits. These are state and federal, but more details can be offered by our local agents.
These are some of the most important aspects of opening a company in USA as a foreigner. Formalities may seem complex if you do not know the law. That's why one of our company formation representatives in USA can help you from the very beginning. Let us tell you more about setting up a company in USA as a foreigner.
Setting up a branch in USA can be an excellent option for company owners who want to expand their portfolio. Incorporation can take place in approximately 5 weeks, and among the formalities is the preparation of a business plan. Once the EIN is obtained, you can start the activities under this structure.
Which states have business advantages
Delaware, Nevada, and Wyoming states offer a friendly business climate for setting up a company in USA as a foreigner. The legislation is transparent and permissive, and the formalities are straightforward. Once the name of the future company has been verified and reserved, we move on to the other formalities. You should also consider the costs for US company formation for non-residents, such as:
- Business license.
- Articles of Association.
- Name reservation.
- Tax registration.
We can tell you more about setting up a company in USA as a foreigner.
Subsidiary or branch in USA - What is your option?
Setting up a company in USA by a foreigner can mean registering a branch or subsidiary. Foreign companies can carry out their activities under the rules of these structures, depending on their needs. For example, the subsidiary may operate independently of the parent company, while the branch must report periodically. The Business Division of the Secretary of State is the institution you can contact for drafting documents. US company formation for non-residents can be handled by one of our local specialists.
There are multiple possibilities for developing the activities of a foreign entrepreneur. They can open a company in USA, taking into account the legislation in force and, of course, calling for specialized help. Thus, we recommend the services of our local agents who can successfully manage the formalities involved, as well as everything related to the preparation of the necessary documents.
USA is always a good option for investments
The United States continues to attract large numbers of foreign investors. The business conditions are optimal, and they can enjoy the support of a great infrastructure, a transparent legal framework, and a skilled workforce among others. Here are some statistics about the US economy:
- By 2020, the United States had more than USD 10,800 in total FDIs.
- The United States ranked 6th out of 190 global economies in terms of business climate and other conditions.
- Texas is the state that received the most foreign investment in 2020, over USD 18 billion.
Interested in opening a company in USA as a foreigner? Contact our team and ask for guidance right away. We are here to tell you more about setting up a company in USA as a foreigner.