Open an LLC in New York
Updated on Tuesday 03rd August 2021
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
Starting a small business in New York might raise the interest of young entrepreneurs who want to take advantage of a great and appreciated climate. Small foreign entrepreneurs, as well as experienced ones, can ask for the support of our team of company formation specialists in the USA in order to be able to start a business without encountering problems related to documents. Discover in this article the steps to take into account when you want to open an LLC in NY.
What are the stages for starting an LLC in NY?
Forming an LLC in New York is an extremely easy process, much simplified, in order to offer the chance to local and foreign entrepreneurs to start their business as soon as possible. But there are some essential steps for starting an LLC in New York, as follows:
- Choosing the business name – the business rules for New York say that the selected business name must be accompanied by LLC., L.L.C., Limited Liability Company, Limited Company or Co. The business name is then verified with New York Secretary of State to see if it is available.
- Forming an LLC in New York requires a registered agent with a physical address in this state. We mention that one of our agents can be appointed as a representative agent for your LLC in New York.
- The Articles of Organization are the same thing as the Articles of Association. These are the key documents of an LLC in New York. Feel free to ask for assistance in this sense, when starting an LLC in NY.
- Obtaining the EIN or the Employer Identification Number is the next step in forming an LLC in NY. This number shows that your business is registered for taxation. This is another important aspect that can be properly managed by one of our specialists.
- Applying for the company stamp is essential before the business starts in New York. Feel free to discuss with our agents and see how you can be helped and guided when starting an LLC in NYC.
These are the main company formation steps in USA, applicable for LLCs in New York. As you can see, the procedures are not complicated, yet it is best to discuss all the aspects with one of our company formation agents in USA for complete assistance and find out more about how to open an LLC in NY. You might want to explore the following video presentation:
Create an operating agreement for your LLC in NY
According to the business laws in USA, there is no obligation for having an operating agreement in the firm. Though, it is recommended to have this set of documents in the firm with information about the business responsibilities of managers and directors, varied rights, rules, and regulations. Such documents can be used in case problems appear on the business path of the firm. More about the operating agreement for an LLC in New York can be discussed with our agents.
Licenses and permits for LLCs in New York
Starting a small business in NY requires attention for the needed licenses and permits. You cannot start the activities without such licenses and permits (state or federal), issued by the New York Secretary of the State. Make sure you pay the fees required for these important documents.
Make sure you publish the LLC in a local newspaper
Another obligation for fresh business owners in New York refers to the publication requirements. As such, if the Articles of Association of the newly formed LLC in New York are created, these must be published in two local newspapers in no more than 120 days. This way, you will legally announce the new company formed in New York. The Certificate of Publication and the affidavit will be provided. We remind that forming an LLC in NY enters the attention of our agents who can immediately help international entrepreneurs.
Single-member LLC in New York
Single-member LLC in New York is the same thing as a multi-member LLC. Both entities are subject to the same business formation requirements, still, specific tax rules apply to the first-mentioned entity. More on this topic can be discussed with our company formation agents in USA. Those interested in starting an LLC in NYC can get in touch with us.
Making investments in USA
The USA is certainly one of the most popular business and investment locations in the world. The security and confidence offered by the business climate are carefully verified by foreign investors who want to generate profits in different American states, such as New York, for example. With access to large capital markets, it is quite easy to grow a business in the United States, benefiting from protection, a stable business environment, and a booming economy. Here are some statistics that highlight the US business direction:
- In terms of total FDIs USA registered nearly USD 9,465 billion only in 2019.
- Even the greenfield investments attracted the attention of local and international entrepreneurs in USA, almost USD 102 billion being the total value registered in 2019.
- In 2018, the manufacturing sector of USA absorbed more than 40% of the total FDI.
Interested in more details about starting a small business in New York? Please contact our agents in USA and ask for assistance.