Start a Corporation in Delaware
Updated on Wednesday 14th April 2021
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
A Delaware corporation can be registered in about the same steps as the limited liability company. The structure and the formalities involved are quite simple and can be handled by one of our company formation specialists in USA. This article provides a short presentation about the way starting a corporation in Delaware takes place, helped by our agents with experience in this field.
A general Delaware corporation is a great business solution
The most popular type of corporation in Delaware is the general one that comes with a series of benefits for entrepreneurs. All the responsibilities are distributed to stockholders/owners, managers, and officers, according to the business laws in USA. The control of the corporation in Delaware is handled by the owners who are also named “majority shareholders”. Here are other features linked to a general corporation in Delaware:
- The directors of the Delaware corporation respond for the entire company management like business actions, hiring staff, salaries, and related corporate policies.
- Fiduciary responsibilities also enter the attention of directors of a Delaware corporation.
- Daily business activities are handled by the officers of the company. Forming a Delaware corporation means appointing the officers (president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, sales managers, etc.).
- The directors of a Delaware corporation are appointed by the owners.
- General Delaware corporations are normally formed for buying other companies, raising capital, etc.
Choose the name of the Delaware corporation
The business name is important for a corporation, regardless of the city or state of formation. In the case of business in Delaware, one of our company formation agents in USA will help you make a verification with the entitled authorities to see if the selected name for a Delaware business is available or not. Starting a corporation in Delaware is quite simple and can be managed in a few important steps. The registration of a company is made with the Delaware Secretary of State and the Division of Corporations.
Appoint an agent and the directors for your Delaware corporation
An agent is required for forming a Delaware corporation. He or she has a series of tasks and among these, the collaboration between the company and specific authorities in Delaware. The same agent will handle the company documents and different duties related to the business. It is quite simple to get in touch with us when starting a corporation in Delaware and we mention that our specialists can be appointed as representative agents for your company. More on this topic can be discussed with our experts.
Other steps in forming a Delaware corporation
Once the business name and the agent are managed, the next step is to take care of the documents. The Articles of Incorporation represent the main documents that comprise detailed information about the business, activities, the registered agent, tasks and responsibilities, regulations, voting rights, and more.
Next, registration for tax purposes is required. The EIN or the Employer Identification Number shows that the Delaware corporation is registered from a tax point of view. Please note that the EIN is the same as the Federal Tax ID Number.
Choosing our agents for a Delaware corporation
Starting a corporation in Delaware requires attention in terms of documents and registration. These are topics that can be properly handled by one of our specialists in company formation in USA. Our customers should know that they can rely on full support, professionalism, and confidence when working with us. It is quite suggested to have support by your side, to be sure that all the formalities of a Delaware corporation are properly managed.
Those interested in forming a Delaware corporation are invited to get in touch with us via email or over the phone to find out more about the support we can offer. In matters of business in USA, we present you a few facts and figures that might attract your attention:
- In terms of ease of simplified business, USA ranked 6th out of 190 worldwide countries, as stated by the 2020 Doing Business report.
- More than USD 9,465 billion represented the total FDI stock registered by USA in 2019.
- The manufacturing sector of USA absorbed more than 40% of the total FDIs for 2018.
- More than 13% of the total investments made in USA in 2018 came from the UK.
Interested in more details about how to register a corporation in Delaware? You are invited to contact our company formation specialists in USA and discover the services we can offer for your future business.